I recently sent this update to the list of people I’ve been in touch with by email about Sentientism. They are philosophers, scientists, activists, CEOs, authors, actors, musicians, people and sentient beings…
Hello to everyone on my “vaguely interested in Sentientism” email list,
This page will let you know what we’ve been up to (five pages worth!) but I wanted to share a few highlights:
- ”Headlined” the American Humanist Association annual conference with a discussion about Sentientism (thanks for the tag-team Amy!)
- Published 132 Sentientism YouTube/Podcast episodes, including conversations with Ingrid Newkirk, Sailesh Rao, AC Grayling, Barbara King, sci-fi author Adrian Tchaikovsky and so many other amazing people
- High profile references to the Sentientism worldview by David Chalmers, Luke Roelofs, Richard Dawkins, Magnus Vinding and Peter Tatchell
- 20 podcast appearances talking about Sentientism and two new articles published
- Future Fund Regranting Programme grant received (thank you!) to improve on my amateurish creative design of Sentientism.info and broader messaging strategy/content.
The numbers below should give some indication of how many of the remaining ~7.7 billion humans we have yet to persuade 😊. As ever, you’d be very welcome in any of our online groups. They’re open to anyone interested, not just people who have a Sentientist worldview:
- Sentientism Podcast: 30,000 downloads, 28 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5-star ratings and appearances in the philosophy podcast charts of 31 countries
- Sentientism YouTube: 48,000 views, 7,300 hours watch time, 1,246 subscribers
- Sentientism.info: 11,000 visitors and 98,000 page views in last year. Updated with new “How” sections on Sentientist Economics and Finance
- Twitter: 4,618 followers, well over 1,000 people on our various Twitter Lists; Instagram: 555 followers; TikTok (don’t tell my kids)!
Communities (a big thank you to the volunteers that set up and run each of these):
- Facebook (private): 1,935 members (including many of you!) from ~100 countries. We have local groups too for Edinburgh, LA and Indonesia. Facebook (public): 742 followers
- Reddit: 1,466 members; Telegram and Signal; GoodReads: 109 members; LinkedIn Private Group and Organisation; Discord: 70 members; WT.Social; Quora, BeyondAnimal.
- Self-declared Sentientists (including many of you!) – 331
- Suspected Celebrity Sentientists (including many of you!) – 204.
Criticism, suggestions, offers of help and amplification / sharing are always welcome. Thanks so much for all the help so far and to those who’ve been doing their own things to develop our collective Sentientism project – working to normalise “evidence, reason and compassion for all sentient beings”.
As ever, please let me know if you’d prefer to be removed from this list. Also – please forward this on to others who might find the Sentientism worldview interesting! They can mail me to ask to be added to this list or sign up to Sentientism.info updates here.
I hope you, your families and teams are well – human and non-human sents both!