I recently sent this update to the list of people I’ve been in touch with by email about Sentientism. They are philosophers, scientists, activists, CEOs, authors, actors, people and sentient beings…
Hello to everyone on my “vaguely interested in Sentientism” list,
75 episodes in and I’ve been happily shocked by the amazing range of people who have joined me as guests on the Sentientist Conversations YouTube and Podcast series (5 star rated!), including many of you. Thank you.
Who should be next? If you’d like to join me – or know of someone else who could help us normalise “evidence, reason and compassion for all sentient beings” – please put them in touch. Our centre of gravity has been fairly academic/activist so far but many celebrities seem to think in this way too. So if you know Billie Eilish, Yuval Noah Harari, Greta Thunberg, Elliot Page, Michaela Coel, Stephen Fry or Thandiwe Newton – let me know 😊.
Our awareness raising (podcast appearances, presentations, Kent Uni SHARKLab presentation, articles) and community building work continues to progress. I estimate we have ~7.7 billion humans still to persuade. I’ve set out some more details below in case of interest and these pages list most of the things we’ve been up to.
Feedback, suggestions and amplification / sharing are always welcome. Thanks so much for all the help I’ve received, and to those who’ve been doing their own things, to develop our Sentientism project – working to normalise naturalistic, sentiocentric, compassionate thinking.
As ever, you’re very welcome to join our biggest community group here on Facebook. Many of you are there already, of course. Anyone interested is welcome, Sentientist or not.
I hope you, your families and teams are well.
People Talking about Sentientism:
- David Chalmers’ Philosophy2020 talk on broad & narrow Sentientism (does this count as a citation? 😊)
- CosmicSkeptic on YouTube (not entirely enamoured with the word “Sentientism”, but…)
- Peter Tatchell (clip from our latest Sentientist Conversation)
- Genetically Modified Skeptic on YouTube
- Jose Gonzales on Humanist UK’s “What I believe” podcast
- Michael Nugent’s “Why I am a Sentientist” blog
- Sentientism Podcast: 12,000 downloads, 26 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5-star ratings and 11 very kind reviews
- Sentientism YouTube: 21,000 views, 660 subscribers
- Sentientism.info: 13,000 visitors. Updated with new sections on Sentientist FAQ, Justice, Culture, Sustainable Development Goals, Rights (including a draft UDSR), Language, Politics
- Twitter: 3,246 followers, 835 people on our “Sentientists List”
Communities (a big thank you to the volunteers that have set up and run each of these):
- Facebook (private): 1,569 members (including many of you!) from ~90 countries. We have our first local groups too for LA and Indonesia.
- Facebook (public): 613 followers
- Reddit: 1,264 members
- Instagram: 335 followers
- Telegram and Signal
- GoodReads: 73 members
- LinkedIn Private Group and Organisation
- Discord: 55 members
- Self-declared Sentientists (including many of you!) – 270
- Suspected Celebrity Sentientists (including many of you!) – 136
- Not Quite Sentientists (including a few of you!) – 25
As ever, please let me know if you’d prefer to be removed from this list. Please forward this on to others who might find the Sentientism worldview interesting!