Every now and then I send out an update about our Sentientism “movement”(?) to the academics, activists, celebs, lawyers, policy people, podcasters, YouTubers and writers I’ve spammed so far about Sentientism. I thought I’d share it here in case of interest.
Let me know if you’d like to be added to my email distribution. You can also sign up for email updates using the panel on the right hand side of Sentientism.info, of course. Make sure you check your junk mail!
Hello to everyone on my “vaguely interested in Sentientism” mailing list,
We’ve launched a Sentientism Podcast (Apple link) published six ”Sentientist Conversations” on our YouTube channel and have talked about Sentientism on a number of other shows.
Our global community groups continue to grow and flourish.
I’d love to interview you for the podcast, the channel or both. Please let me know if you’d be interested or have other guests in mind. We’ve already had a fascinating mix of academics, activists and celebrities and have more lined up.
I’ve set out some more details below in case useful. As ever, feedback, suggestions and amplification / sharing are very welcome.
Thanks so much for all the help I’ve received to date on our Sentientism project – working to normalise rational, compassionate thinking.Click here to join our main community group. All are welcome, Sentientist or not.
YouTube and New Podcast:
Thanks so much to Carole Davis, AJ Jacobs, Joe Wills, Stijn Bruers and Zion Lights for being the guinea pigs. I’ve loved every conversation and it’s great to have such a rich range of perspectives. Every one based on evidence and reason and committed to granting moral consideration to all sentient beings.
Talking about Sentientism:
- Future Based podcast
- Give Yourself The Chat podcast
- Future Design podcast
- All Things Risk podcast
- The Bridge YouTube podcast
- Clearer Thinking (upcoming)
- Truth Wanted (upcoming)
- Association of Black Humanists presentation + discussion
- Harrow Humanists presentation + discussion
- I’ve also delivered another seminar for the University of Winchester – thanks to Steve McCulloch for the invite. I’m happy to share the materials and would be happy to run similar seminars for free remotely.
- Our first global get together, organised around a talk by Maddy from Humane League UK on Fish Sentience – come join us!
- Facebook (private): 1,144 members (including many of you!) from ~85 countries
- Facebook (public): 448 followers
- Twitter: 1,862 followers, 706 people on our “Sentientists List”
- Reddit: 524 members
- LinkedIn Group and Organisation